Anchorage Native Primary Care Center
Access To Care Philosophy
In 2000, SCF became the first major health care provider in Alaska—and one of the first in the nation—to give its customer/owners same-day access to quality medical care for any reason in most departments. The system has been offering same-day access for nearly a decade with 70 to 80 percent of appointment slots open at the start of any given day.
Integrated care teams handle what they can over the phone. If a visit is needed, the customer can be scheduled for that same day to meet with any members of the team, based upon the customers' needs. This eliminates bottlenecks by shifting work to where it's most appropriately done, which also creates cost efficiency.
Anchorage Service Unit (area)
- Includes 55 villages
- 107,000 square miles (Aleutian chain, St. Paul Island, Kodiak Island, Talkeetna to Canadian border)
- PCC Phase I completed 1997
- PCC Phase II completed 2002
- PCC Phase III estimated completion late 2009
- 100,000 square-foot outpatient clinic (pre-PCC Phase III)