Southcentral Foundation has been praised for its generous and competitive benefits program. We are proud to support the health, wellness, and professional growth of our employees by supporting the following benefits package:
- More than 3.5 weeks of paid leave the first year of employment; leave increases with years of service, up to 6.5 weeks
- 12 paid holidays
- Payment of licensure and/or certification, depending on position
- Scholarship program
- Academic leave program
- Continuing medical education leave and allowances, depending on position
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer contribution
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan for highly compensated employees
- Provider staff covered by federal tort malpractice insurance
- Comprehensive Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB) plans, giving employees the option of 19 different medical plans, plus dental and vision coverage
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for employees and family
- Supplemental long-term disability insurance for highly compensated employees
- Section 125 cafeteria plan (health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts)
- Employee assistance and wellness program
- Employee recognition program
Southcentral Foundation is proud to offer a variety of programs and resources as additional benefits to employees. The follow are brief descriptions of some of these benefits, which demonstrate our deep commitment to and investment in employees.
This time is dedicated to employees to support and enhance their satisfaction, health, and wellness by providing up to one hour per week of paid leave time to allow the opportunity to exercise and/or engage in wellness activities on campus, during their work week.
Educational growth and development is celebrated at Southcentral Foundation. We have a generous academic leave policy which allows for employees to take paid leave to attend training and education in professional fields related to the continued success of Southcentral Foundation. Academic leave is approved per term/semester of scholastic activity. Contingent upon management approval, the maximum amount of academic leave hours allowed is as follows:
- Associate’s degree, technical training, or certification – 50 hours
- Undergraduate degree – 60 hours
- Graduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) – 80 hours
- Presidential scholarship – 240 hours
In the unfortunate event of the loss of an immediate family member, a total of 40 hours per calendar year of paid bereavement leave is provided.
On-Site Fitness Center
The wellness center is a two-level, on-site fitness facility bringing fun, innovative, and out-of-the-box educational activities, programs, events, and health promotions to customers, employees, and their families. The wellness center features more than 30 weekly group exercise classes such as Zumba®, yoga, boot camp, and indoor cycling; one-on-one exercise sessions; and a state-of-the-art gym. The wellness center hours of operation are 6:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Professional Growth and Development
Professional Growth and Development
Southcentral Foundation is committed to the success, growth, and development of its employees. One major way that it supports this improvement is through the Development Center, a department solely dedicated to furthering the education of employees. The Development Center is located in the Nuka Learning and Wellness Center, a building designed with state-of-the-art educational facilities for the purpose of interactive teaching.
The Development Center provides a holistic, comprehensive approach to workforce readiness and development through a variety of learning and development opportunities. It is responsible for the organization’s major on-boarding programs, including new hire orientation, department orientation, new manager orientation, and most training programs.
The Development Center offers professional development courses, complete with an online course catalog and registration. Employees are approved to attend these trainings during regular work hours, and are paid as if they were reporting to their worksites. Trainings offered cover a range of topics, including, but not limited to: customer service and communication, clinical skills, workplace safety, computers and technology, and management and supervision.
New Hire Orientation
Southcentral Foundation works to ensure its employees are properly fitted with all of the tools and resources they need to be successful at their jobs. As a part of the onboarding experience, all new employees are required to attend a 3.5-day new hire orientation, prior to reporting to their worksites. This orientation introduces employees to the corporate culture, vision, mission, services, resources, policies and procedures, and expectations of a Southcentral Foundation employee. Our new hire orientation has been praised as “very insightful,” “helpful,” and “the best onboarding program I’ve experienced.” After completing the program, participants have said,
“I really appreciate the time SCF took to help me better understand the organization, its mission, vision, and corporate goals and objectives. The history is fascinating, and the way SCF runs its business makes me feel like I won the lottery working here!”
“I have been through several onboarding programs at different organizations, and feel that this one was prepared the best. It had great information and was presented in a way that was easy to understand and provided a good understanding of the company.”
On-Site Childcare Facility
On-site Childcare Facility
The Employee Family Center is an early learning child care center available to Southcentral Foundation employees, located on the Anchorage campus. The total capacity of the center is currently 96 children.
Employee Assistance Program
Each person’s life includes its own unique set of challenges. To help employees cope with these challenges, Southcentral Foundation offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through SupportLinc. Benefits include confidential access to the following:
- Trained counselors for assistance with issues including: depression, stress or grief ; marital and parenting problems ; alcohol and substance abuse ;
- Referrals for sessions with a nearby counselor.
- Family resources (finding pet care, planning for college, relocating to a new city)
- Legal resource and referral services (divorce, bankruptcy, wills, real estate transactions)
- Financial counseling resources (getting out of debt, tax questions, retirement planning)
- Online self-assessment and self-help programs
This program is available to all employees. Both you and your household members may access the program. Enrollment is automatic and Southcentral Foundation pays the full cost for your coverage.
LifeBalance is a wellness program designed to help employees find well-being by participating in healthy activities.
Employees save at thousands of recreational, cultural, travel and wellness related businesses by utilizing the LifeBalance Vendor Network. Popular categories include Health and Fitness Clubs, Performing Arts, Sporting Events, Travel, Tours, Dance, Massage, Yoga, and more.