Health Education and Wellness Programs
The Southcentral Foundation Health Education and Wellness Center partners with customer-owners, their family and their primary health care providers to offer services that are focused on wellness, exercise, prevention and treatment.
Here are some of Health Education's areas of focus:
- Exercise Education and Individual Counseling Services
- Group Exercise - Wellness Center Calendar of Group Exercise Classes
- Lose to Win Weight Loss Program - Weight Management for Healthy Living
- Quit Tobacco Program
- Diabetes Prevention and Diabetes Education - Diabetes Wellness Gathering
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education - Living Well Alaska Program
- Cardiovascular Disease Education - Heart Healthy Guide
- Elders Nutrition and Exercise Program
- 75210 "Small Steps to Wellness" Education
- Injury Prevention Education
- Parenting Classes - Snuggle Time and Toddler Time
- Childbirth Classes - Weekday classes and Weekend Workshops
Health Education also operates a Wellness Center in Anchorage, open Monday through Friday from 6:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and a Wellness Center in Wasilla, open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for customers and employees complete with state of the art exercise equipment such as:
- Elliptical machines
- Free weights
- Stationary bikes
- Strength training equipment
- Nu-Step machines for persons with limited mobility
Customers and employees must first meet with one of the Wellness Center's Exercise Specialists before utilizing the workout equipment. Appointments can be made by calling Health Education in Anchorage at (907) 729-2689 or Health Education in Wasilla at (907) 729-7630.
A wide variety of exercise and activity classes are also offered throughout the week at the Wellness Center's exercise studio in Anchorage and at the Benteh Nuutah Valley Native Primary Care Center in Wasilla. These classes include ZUMBA®, Pilates, Yoga, Strength Training, Functional Balance and Cardio Combo classes.
For class schedules click on the above links.