Native Men’s Wellness
Southcentral Foundation’s leadership understands these are difficult times and continues to closely monitor this dynamic, rapidly evolving situation.
Part of SCF’s Emergency Management Plan and Pandemic Response includes different levels of operations and staffing based on many factors, including paying attention to guidance from health authorities and local officials.
· Services are suspended. For any questions or concerns, please call the department number and leave a voicemail.
Native Men’s Wellness Program
Southcentral Foundation’s Native Men’s Wellness Program is dedicated to raising awareness of Alaska Native and American Indian men’s health and wellness by addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of their lives.
Southcentral Foundation established the Native Men’s Wellness Program as a volunteer-based group to identify challenges facing Alaska Native and American Indian men and to develop intervention strategies. Here are some areas of focus for the Native Men’s Wellness Program:
- Awareness – Help Alaska Native men identify their contemporary roles in the community while maintaining traditional subsistence and cultural practices.
- Employability – Identify vocational and employment opportunities, counseling, and/or barriers while providing a supportive environment.
- Cultural Connectivity – Provide a culturally appropriate venue for Alaska Native men to discuss relevant issues concerning cultural and historical aspects of their lives.
- Healthy Living – Offer support and strategies for Alaska Native men to improve their health and wellness.
- Embracing our Native cultures plays a significant role in leading a healthy lifestyle.