We are pleased to invite you to apply for one of two Southcentral Foundation’s Soldier’s Heart trainings offered during the 2018 summer. This educational training is designed for veterans and first responders who have experienced post-traumatic stress. It aims to reduce the symptoms of post-traumatic stress, provide a community to talk about shared experiences, and re-categorize post-traumatic stress as a normal response to extreme events. This training is named Soldier’s Heart in honor of a common title used by physicians during the Civil War. The next trainings will be held:
June 1-7, 2018
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
July 26-Aug. 1, 2018
Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
3210 Lark Street
- Presenters share personal stories and teach topics from a curriculum designed to address matters faced by first responders and veterans who have experienced trauma.
- Based in Anchorage with travel for seasonal recreational activities.
- This is an educational experience, not a clinical, medical, or diagnostic program. Staff does not record notes and the training does not affect your medical record.
- Free of cost; transportation, food, and lodging are included during the training.
- In order to create a supportive environment, alcohol, marijuana, and illegal substances are prohibited during the training.
- Participants will be invited to provide feedback to help improve the training.
- Soldier’s Heart is not a professional development training.
To apply, submit one of the attached June 2018 or July 2018 applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or via confidential fax (907) 729-5405. For more information or questions, contact the Soldier’s Heart Program at (907) 729-6671.
Thank you for your interest in attending a Soldier’s Heart training. We look forward to partnering with you to strengthen families in Alaska.
Soldier’s Heart Training Employees