Soldier’s Heart Training Application
Southcentral Foundation Soldier’s Heart educational training are designed for veterans and first responders who have experienced post-traumatic stress. It aims to reduce the symptoms of post-traumatic stress, provide a community to talk about shared experiences, and re-categorize post-traumatic stress as a normal response to extreme events. This training is named Soldier’s Heart in honor of a common title used by physicians during the Civil War. Watch for the next trainings.
- Presenters share personal stories and teach topics from a curriculum designed to address matters faced by first responders and veterans who have experienced trauma.
- Based in Anchorage with travel for seasonal recreational activities.
- This is an educational experience, not a clinical, medical, or diagnostic program. Staff does not record notes and the training does not affect your medical record.
- Free of cost; transportation, food, and lodging are included during the training.
- In order to create a supportive environment, alcohol, marijuana, and illegal substances are prohibited during the training.
- Participants will be invited to provide feedback to help improve the training.
- Soldier’s Heart is not a professional development training.
Thank you for your interest in attending a Soldier’s Heart training. We look forward to partnering with you to strengthen families in Alaska.
Soldier’s Heart Training Employees