Southcentral Foundation VPN
If you are an Southcentral Foundation (SCF) employee, this page will guide you to connecting to the SCF Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you are not an SCF employee, please click here to return to the SCF website.
By proceeding, you will be accessing a SCF private network. Use of SCF’s network through the VPN client is solely intended for SCF employees. SCF reserves the right to revoke these privileges at any time if the following installation and security guidelines are not followed; use of the SCF network through a VPN client is solely intended for employees who accept the conditions set forth in this disclaimer.
SCF is not responsible for ‘broken’ software or hardware on non-SCF provided devices as a result of VPN installation. Any non-SCF employee accessing any part of the SCF network via the VPN client or any other means is liable for legal action against them. The VPN software will remain solely in the possession of the authorized user; user may not distribute the VPN software to any other person or persons. The authorized user must agree to disconnect an active VPN connection when away from computer.
SCF may conduct monitoring activities without further notice. Anyone who accesses a SCF computer system without authorization or exceeds access authority, or obtains, alters, damages, destroys, or discloses information, or prevents authorized use of information on the computer system, may be subject to penalties, fines or imprisonment.
By proceeding, you certify that you have read, understand and hereby agree to follow all of the installation and security guidelines in the above VPN disclaimer.
Palo Alto GlobalProtect is the virtual private network that SCF uses to extend the private network for employees to work remotely. This allows the user to access their files/programs that they would utilize while directly connected to SCF’s network. Please disconnect when not needed to free up resources for others.
Please test your VPN connectivity remotely prior to travel to ensure proper configuration and time for troubleshooting. SCF Information Technology Service Desk can assist with troubleshooting connectivity Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. AKST at (907) 729-5200 or submit a service desk ticket via https://scf.service-now.com.
- These instructions are written for a Windows 10 computer
- Manager/supervisor grant VPN access on the Manager Dashboard on SCF’s MySCF Intranet page
- VPN is not enabled within the SCF Network, you must be remote to establish or test connectivity
Downloading the VPN Software – If you are not on an SCF-provided computer and have not yet set up the Palo Alto GlobalProtect software, please follow these instructions.
Connecting to SCF’s VPN
- Open your Start Menu and begin typing “GlobalProtect”
- In the “Portal” enter “vpn.scf.cc”
- Enter your SCF Network Account and the password you use to login to SCF Computers
- Select “Connect”
- You will now see an “earthlike” globe with a shield icon appear near the bottom right of your screen. If you place your mouse pointer over the icon, the word “Connected” should pop up
Disconnecting from VPN
- To disconnect from the SCF Network, right-click on the GlobalProtect icon at the bottom right of your screen, then choose “Disconnect”
Downloading the VPN Software
Notice: Your computer account must be a local administrator to allow installation of the VPN Software. For troubleshooting, please contact the SCF ITS Service Desk Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. AKST at (907)729-5200 or submit a service desk ticket via https://scf.service-now.com.
- Click here to begin the download.
- When prompted, enter your SCF Network Login and Password.
- Click on the GlobalProtect link for 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, or Mac, depending on your computer’s operating system. (32-bit Windows is most common)
- (In Google Chrome) The download will appear at the bottom. Double-click on the .msi file
- If prompted “Do you want to run or save this file?”, select “Run”
- If prompted “Do you want to run this software?”, select “Run”
- Click Next through the next several screens
- When prompted on the “User Account Control” dialog box, enter your administrative credentials
- When you reach the “Installation Complete” screen, select “Close” to exit installation
*Please note that while installation is now complete, you are not yet connected to the SCF network, please follow the instructions Connecting to SCF’s VPN