Administrative Support Training Program
About the Administrative Support Training Program
The Administrative Support Training Program can provide entry into a rewarding, lifelong career. Southcentral Foundation supports growing our own leadership. We employ fully qualified employees in all positions, and we commit ourselves to recruiting and training AN/AI employees to meet this need.
ASTP is a competitive program that has achieved prestigious awards and is renowned as a comprehensive and engaging onboarding program:
- Brandon Hall Group’s Excellence in Talent Management, Silver Award for Best Onboarding Program: Administrative Support Training Program (2012)
- Association for Talent Development’s Excellence in Practice, three citations —Career Development, Performance Improvement and Workplace Learning and Development: Administrative Support Training Program (2007)
Highlights of ASTP
SCF’s Commitment to Quality, “We employ fully qualified staff in all positions and we commit ourselves to recruiting and training Native staff to meet this need.”
During the initial training, you get paid while you learn!
ASTP is a progressive program that focuses on training foundational admin support skills to help administrative supports be successful in their careers at SCF.
- The first phase of the program includes professional development classroom training.
- The second phase finishes with 5 weeks of on-the-job training in one of many Anchorage-based departments. You continue to learn with job-specific mentoring, coaching, and department training specific to administrative support responsibilities of that program or department.
- The final phase of the program entails a transition meeting, this meeting serves as an opportunity to discuss how things are going in your new department and closes with a ASTP graduation certificate that represents your successful completion of the program.
While attending ASTP, you learn about comprehensive professional development skills, such as:
- Business etiquette
- Intra & interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service
- Professional relationships
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Front desk operations
- Goal setting
- Career planning
ASTP’s overall satisfaction rate is 91 percent.
Participant testimony, “ASTP provided me with the foundational, introductory information, and skills needed to successfully transition into SCF as a new employee.”
Benefits of Starting your New SCF Career
Consider a career with an employer who values all unique contributions and experiences you can offer — whether it’s just beginning, a second career or somewhere in-between. SCF’s ASTP is a great opportunity for someone who is:
- New high school graduates with minimal workforce experience
- Recent college graduates wanting to get your foot in the door of a growing organization
- An experienced office professional
- Retired professional looking for a second career
Your career growth matters. SCF values continual growth and development for employees. Working at SCF means more than merely having a job—it’s about developing a real career that can lead to countless opportunities for advancement, supported by on-the-job training, a generous scholarship program, and academic leave. All of this, plus, one of Alaska’s most generous benefits packages.
Graduates of the ASTP have moved into various fields throughout the organization, including supervisory, management, process improvement, customer service, program coordination, training, and special events coordination. Others have chosen to stay in administrative work but continue to progress into support positions with greater responsibility, independence, and challenge.
To learn more about the ASTP to decide if it’s the right fit for you, visit the SCF Job Board and click the ASTP “Featured Opportunities” link.