Southcentral Foundation’s Pediatrics provides outpatient primary care and specialty consultative care for children.
The clinic is staffed by board-certified pediatricians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified medical assistants, as well as management and support staff.
Families can make appointments for a variety of outpatient pediatrics services, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses
- Developmental screening
- School and sports examinations
- Health care management for chronically ill or disabled children
- Guidance on behavioral and parenting concerns
- Evaluation and counseling by dietitans
- Hearing, vision and other screening and evaluations
- General pediatric consults and referrals to specialists
- Well-child check-ups and health screenings
- Appointments for Women Infant and Children (WIC) through Family Health Resources.
For information about inpatient pediatrics care and mother/baby care, please visit Maternal Child Health.
Southcentral Foundation Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary, home visiting program that works with families, mothers and infants to provide education and support as a supplement to regular prenatal care and well-child checkups. For more information, see Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership on the pediatrics page.