Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership
Southcentral Foundation Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary, home visiting program that works with families, mothers, and infants to provide education and support as a supplement to regular prenatal care and well-child checkups. Together, the nurse and family develop goals and an education plan that help the family prepare to welcome a new member into their home.
Nutaqsiivik families are partnered with a registered nurse who offers:
- Pregnancy education and support
- Infancy education and support
- Toddler education and support
- Breastfeeding support
- Promotion of home safety
- Assess the need for community resources and make the appropriate referrals
- Care coordination across Southcentral Foundation’s health care setting and the municipality
- Contraception information and referral as needed
To receive services through the Nutaqsiivik program, customer-owners must be enrolled before the 28th week of pregnancy and be eligible for WIC and/or Denali KidCare or Medicaid.
To contact someone in Family Health Resources to see if you’re eligible for WIC, Denali KidCare or Medicaid, please visit Family Health Resources.