Waiver Care Coordination
Southcentral Foundation Waiver Care Coordination specializes in services for Elders and adults with physical disabilities under Medicaid CHOICE Waiver programs. CHOICE stands for Community and Home Options to Institutional Care for Everyone. This program allows Elders and adults with physical disabilities to remain in their own home or in assisted living facilities. CHOICE Medicaid Services include:
- Residential supported living
- Adult day services
- Environmental modification
- Chore services
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Specialized private duty nursing services
Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership
Southcentral Foundation Nutaqsiivik Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary, home visiting program that works with families, mothers and infants to provide education and support as a supplement to regular prenatal care and well-child checkups. Together, the nurse and family develop goals and an education plan that help the family prepare to welcome a new member into their home.
Nutaqsiivik families are partnered with a registered nurse who offers:
- Pregnancy education and support
- Infancy education and support
- Toddler education and support
- Breastfeeding support
- Promotion of home safety
- Assess the need for community resources and make the appropriate referrals
- Care coordination across Southcentral Foundation’s health care setting and the municipality
- Contraception information and referral as needed
To receive services through the Nutaqsiivik program, customer-owners must be enrolled before the 28th week of pregnancy and be eligible for WIC and/or Denali KidCare or Medicaid.
To contact someone in Family Health Resources to see if you’re eligible for WIC, Denali KidCare or Medicaid, please visit Family Health Resources.