Southcentral Foundation’s Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Exercise department provides comprehensive care for a variety of conditions. The team works together with the customer-owner to encourage healthier lifestyles and to optimize overall function. Team members include:
- Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Sports rehabilitation
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Pelvic health – women and men
- Home visit rehabilitation
- Management for persistent pain and pain disorders
- Upper extremity rehabilitation and custom splinting
Physical therapy services are referral-based.
- Routine development
- Energy conservation training
- Activity modification
- Leisure skills development
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Upper extremity rehabilitation
- Visual motor and visual perceptual skills
- Stroke and brain injury rehabilitation
- Bioness Integrated Therapy System to aid in physical and cognitive rehabilitation
- Therapeutic kitchen for treatment intervention and evaluation
Occupational therapy services are referral-based.
- Create individualized exercise programs to achieve customer-owner goals
- Supervised exercise as needed for a variety of health conditions
- Prevention and treatment of chronic health conditions like diabetes, arthritis, and more
Exercise is open to customer-owners, and is a referral resource for providers. Please call to make an appointment with an exercise physiologist (907) 729-6683.
- Elliptical machines
- Stationary bikes
- Upper body cycles
- Rowing machines
- NuStep machines for individuals with limited mobility
- Strength training equipment
- Free weights
- Group exercise classes, including ZUMBA, yoga, tai chi, indoor cycling, TRX, and more.
Customer-owners must meet with an exercise physiologist prior to using the facility. Appointments can be made at (907) 729-6683. Employees must attend a group equipment orientation.