If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call to reschedule your appointment.
Southcentral Foundation Detox (withdrawal management) program is open to all Alaska residents who would like support in completing medical detox. Customers will comfortably detox in a shared space with others, under 24-hour medical supervision, engage with employees to determine their next steps in recovery, have access to a behavioral health counselor, and have the option to attend educational sessions.
SCF Detox helps to identify next steps in customer’s recovery journey by connecting customers with treatment providers and programs to meet their needs.
SCF Detox provides guidance in helping customers connect to ongoing services to aid their recovery plan. Detox employees can assist connecting customers with treatment providers and programs to meet their needs. Please call if you have questions about withdrawal management for yourself or a family member.
To be added to the SCF Detox waitlist, call (907) 729-6690. Once on the waitlist, we ask that you call our program daily to check-in while you wait for a bed to become available. Checking in regularly maintains your active status on our waitlist and indicates you are still interested in our services. Wait times vary depending on bed availability.
Serve both Alaska Native, American Indian and non-Native Alaska resident members of the community, ages 18 and older. Accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and other insurance. Also offers is a sliding scale fee for those who are eligible.
SCF Detox Provides
- Scrubs shirts and pants to wear while in the program.
- Meals and snacks while in the program.
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, and comb).
- Menstrual hygiene products.
- Towels, washcloths, bed linens, and blankets.
- Non-slip socks.
- A selection of books, movies, video games, puzzles, drawing materials, and other art supplies.
What to bring
- Photo ID (required)
- All prescribed medications.
- A set of clothes to wear to and from Detox.
- Underwear and socks for at least 4 days.
- Slippers, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How long will I be in SCF Detox
- Length of stay will be dependent on substance use history and discharge plan. A typical length of stay is between 4-7 days. We provide patient centered care planning.
Will my family or friends be able to contact me?
- Yes, family and friends can call. You will be asked to complete a release of information form for anyone expected to contact you while at SCF Detox. An ROI will be needed for SCF Detox to acknowledge your presence within the program.
What does the first day of SCF Detox look like?
- The admission process takes between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. You will meet with a nurse and provider for an assessment and review of medical history. You will sign admission paperwork. Once completed with the intake process, you will be given a tour and shown to your room. Providers, nurses, and certified medical assistants complete scheduled rounding throughout the day. Throughout your stay, your plan of care will be reviewed including your plan for continued sobriety.
Am I allowed to make phone calls?
- Yes, there is a phone available in a common area.
Can I have electronic devices of any type on the unit?
- To ensure privacy and safety for all customers, we do not allow electronic devices in the program. This includes include cell phones, laptops, tablets. We also do not allow electric devices such as e-readers, music players, handheld video games, hair dryers, etc. Any items brought in will be stored in a secured area until the time of discharge.
Am I allowed to smoke?
- SCF Detox is a non-smoking facility. We offer nicotine replacement options including the patch, gum, and lozenge while customers are in our program.
This webpage is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an annual award of around $5,800,000 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
4330 Elmore Rd
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907) 729-6699 Fax
Open 24 hours