We are proud SCF’s AGPR program has a reputation for providing residents with outstanding education in all aspects of dentistry and medicine related. SCF dental clinics use the latest state-of-the-art technology to provide exceptional care for customer-owners.
By the completion of the program, the resident will demonstrate the ability to:
- Act as a primary care provider for customer-owners and groups of customer-owners.
- Provide emergency and multidisciplinary comprehensive oral health care
- Obtain informed consent
- Provide patient-focused care that is coordinated by the general practitioner
- Direct health promotion and disease prevention activities
- Assess, diagnose, plan, and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for customer-owners including customer-owners with special care needs.
- Manage the delivery of patient-focused oral health care by applying concepts of patient and practice management and quality improvement that are responsive to a dynamic health care environment.
- Function effectively within the hospital and outpatient clinics as part of interdisciplinary health care teams.
- Apply scientific principles to learning and oral health care, including critical thinking, evidence or outcomes-based clinical decision-making, and technology-based information retrieval systems.
- Utilize the values of professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice.
- Understand the oral health needs of communities and engage in community service to prevent or treat oral disease.
- Provide program management, leadership, and human resource management utilizing public health principles.